Friday, January 15, 2010

Supah Fly

Our house has a winter fly infestation. I don't know if winter flies are different than normal ones, or if winter flies are even a real thing, but that's what we've been calling them. Either way, so far I've killed two of them with Cate Blanchett's face. I know Ms. Blanchett is an avid reader of our blog and I mean no disrespect to her fine acting skillz, its just that in the quick scavenge of my floor for something appropriate to murder winter flies with, the December issue of Vogue beat out the competition: a borrowed copy of When You Are Engulfed in Flames and thinner, less threatening magazines. A third winter fly died in the bottom of my cup of orange juice from this morning (read: 2pm). That was pretty disgusting.

In other news, I'm pretty sure ipods have some sort of crazy intelligence and find pleasure in out smarting their owners by playing certain songs next to each other whilst on shuffle. It's happened to me on several occasions where the ipod plays two songs one right after the other that fit together extremely appropriately. Frankly its starting to get freaky. I don't know how else to explain how my ipod knew it would be appropriate to play Velvet Underground's "Temptation Inside Your Heart" right before "Heat Wave" by Martha and the Vandellas. The former song contains the lyrics "Well you don't look like Martha and the Vandellas". Whoa ipod. Whoaaaaaa. Scary.

I need to get outta my house. Its like 60 degrees today for some reason and I'm getting antsy.

Velvet Underground - "Temptation Inside Your Heart"


Martha and the Vandellas - "Heat Wave"

No comments:

Post a Comment